Services and Custom Embroidery
At Sew Images, we offer a variety of services. Sewing Machine Repairs, Custom Embroidery Service, Scissor, and Knife sharpening, body measurement charts
- Basic Beginnings
- Advanced Basics
- Open Workshops
- Technique Classes
- Serger / Overlock
- Children's Classes
- Specialty Classes
- Software / Embroidery Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer private lessons?
Yes! Private classes are available by appointment only. Please feel free to contact us directly to ask about lessons and the appointment schedule. Private lessons are $65 per hour.
Where do I park?
We do not have a parking lot. Parking is available at meters, behind CVS on 41st street and in the residential neighborhood. Generally, students are able to find parking within two blocks walking distance. If you have a load to carry, we recommend double-parking in front of the store to drop off your materials, and then look for parking.
Sewing Machine Repair
Sewing machines should be serviced every 12 months. Need your sewing machine or serger repaired? Sew Images is here to help. We will be happy to
answer your questions and provide advice to keep your sewing machine performing at its best. Sew Images repairs all makes and will give you a complete inspection and tune-up! Bring your machine in for an estimate and servicing. Through servicing by your independent sewing machine dealer once every 12 months, will eliminate all these problems and guarantee trouble-free sewing. Here's why:
If you do a lot of sewing:
- Lint, thread, and broken needles can collect in the needle bar, hook and feed mechanism, causing problems ranging from noise to more serious problems that can stop the machine from sewing.
Your machine could look like this!
Heavy use can remove the oil that the machine uses to run smoothly.
- Lint or thread pieces can cause serious tension problems.
If you sew occasionally:
- Lint, thread, and broken needles can still collect in the needle area and in the gears of the thread-handling mechanism.
- Even moderate use necessitates oiling of moving parts of the sewing machine.
- A small piece of thread in the tension unit will necessitate cleaning and calibration of the tension.
If your sewing machine has been in the closet for a few years:
- The machine should be tuned up so that you will have peak performance and trouble-free sewing.
- Even sitting in the closet, the oil in the machine will dry out.
Bring in your machine by during business hours Tuesday - Friday 10-6; Saturday 10-5, we are closed Sunday and Monday. Estimates are free. Repair costs will be determined upon your visit.
- Print this coupon and bring in with your sewing machine for a 10% savings.
Embroidery Services -Click here for images
Your Measurement Chart
It is very important to have complete and accurate body measurements if you sew garments. Body measurements are taken by a professional. The chart is useful for pattern drafting and, adjusting commercial patterns. By appointment only, $15